1/1 Photo of Perfect Turkey
Canuck Mum's Note:
"This is a perfect recipe for a moist, flavorful holiday bird! Plan the time to brine the bird overnight - it's worth the extra effort!" By Shelly White from Allrecipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub the turkey inside and out with the kosher salt. Place the bird in a large stock pot, and cover with cold water. Place in the refrigerator, and allow the turkey to soak in the salt and water mixture 12 hours, or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Thoroughly rinse the turkey, and discard the brine mixture.
- 3Brush the turkey with 1/2 the melted butter. Place breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff the turkey cavity with 1 onion, 1/2 the carrots, 1/2 the celery, 1 sprig of thyme, and the bay leaf. Scatter the remaining vegetables and thyme around the bottom of the roasting pan, and cover with the white wine.
- 4Roast uncovered 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180°F (85°C).
- 5Carefully turn the turkey breast side up about 2/3 through the roasting time, and brush with the remaining butter. Allow the bird to stand about 30 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfect Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (9809 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14332.8
- Calories from Fat 6737
- Total Fat 748.5 g
- Saturated Fat 243.2 g
- Cholesterol 5800.9 mg
- Sodium 232629.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 1675.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: