Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are great with soup or as little appetizers. Only 3 ingredients! If baking on a cookie sheet, lightly grease it. Personally, I prefer baking any kind of rolls on a baking stone. It's nearly impossible to burn them! I can remember many meals as a child when my grandmother would forget to take the rolls out of the oven, and when we complained about the bottoms being burnt, she'd reply, "They're not burnt - just a little brown."
- Sprinkle cutting board or waxed paper with cheese.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. Lightly press dough into the cheese.
- Brush rectangles with pesto sauce. Place 1 rectangle, pesto side up, on top of another. Repeat with remaining rectangles.
- Starting with shortest sides, roll up BOTH ends jelly-roll fashion to meet in center. Cut into 8 slices. Repeat with remaining rectangles.
- Place, cut side down, 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet or baking stone.
- Bake 6 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees or until deep golden brown. Immediately remove from cookies sheets; serve warm.
Thanks mailbelle for posting this great little easy appetizer. I made this twice before reviewing it. I made it as written the first time (good and ideal to save on calories) and the second time I doubled the cheese and pesto so that each rectangle had one tbsp pesto on top and one tbsp cheese under when it was pressed. It really upped the flavor and enhanced this nibble as a stand alone. A great addition to any gathering. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y December 2009 cooking event. Enjoy ChefDLH