This is from a library book about Christmas in Poland. It sites: "The Culinary Arts Institute Polish Cookbook". I haven't tried it yet but I may this Christmas. Sounds like it has flavor and fiber!
- 709.77 ml water
- 453.59 g mixed dried fruit (including pears, figs, apricots and peaches)
- 236.59 ml pitted prune
- 118.29 ml raisins or 118.29 ml currants
- 236.59 ml pitted sweet cherries
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced or 170.09 g dried apples, slices
- 118.29 ml cranberries
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches each)
- 1 orange
- 118.29 ml grapes or 118.29 ml pomegranate seeds or 118.29 ml pitted plum
- 118.29 ml fruit-flavored brandy
- In a 6 quart pot combine water, mixed dried fruits, prunes and raisins. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, or until the fruits are plump and tender.
- Add the cherries, apples and cranberries. Stir in sugar, lemon and spices. Cover, simmer 5 minutes.
- Grate orange and reserve peel. Peel and section orange and add to pot.
- Stir in grapes or alternatives and brandy. Bring just to boiling and remove from heat.
- Stir in orange peel.
- Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.