Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This snack combines the sweet crunchy texture of brittle with the airy saltiness of popcorn. Great as a gift for the holidays or for the kids to munch on Halloween. Recipe Source Relish mag
- Lightly butter 2 large (15 x 11-inch)
- baking sheets and a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Working in batches, place 2 cups popcorn in food processor. Pulse until crushed into small pieces. Do not overprocess. Repeat with remaining popcorn.
- Stir sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is simmering. Clip a candy thermometer to the inside of the pan and continue heating undisturbed until temperature reaches 270F (about 10 to 15 minutes). Mixture will boil vigorously.
- Stir in butter, molasses and vanilla. Continue heating until temperature reaches 290F (between soft- and hard-crack stages).
- Remove pan from heat; stir in crushed popcorn. Working quickly, pour mixture over prepared sheets. Using the buttered rubber spatula, press evenly to flatten like peanut brittle. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and break into chunks.