This snack combines the sweet crunchy texture of brittle with the airy saltiness of popcorn. Great as a gift for the holidays or for the kids to munch on Halloween. Recipe Source Relish mag
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly butter 2 large (15 x 11-inch)
- 2baking sheets and a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- 3Working in batches, place 2 cups popcorn in food processor. Pulse until crushed into small pieces. Do not overprocess. Repeat with remaining popcorn.
- 4Stir sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a medium saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is simmering. Clip a candy thermometer to the inside of the pan and continue heating undisturbed until temperature reaches 270F (about 10 to 15 minutes). Mixture will boil vigorously.
- 5Stir in butter, molasses and vanilla. Continue heating until temperature reaches 290F (between soft- and hard-crack stages).
- 6Remove pan from heat; stir in crushed popcorn. Working quickly, pour mixture over prepared sheets. Using the buttered rubber spatula, press evenly to flatten like peanut brittle. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack and break into chunks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Popcorn Brittle
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 160.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 0.9 g