Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My family's Christmas Eve food tradition is potato soup for supper. This is my very favorite. Made "Christmas Soup" by parsley and red pepper; made Confetti Soup by parsley and minced red, orange, yellow and green peppers; I'll try purple too the next time I make it.
- 946.36 ml peeled diced potatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 709.77 ml boiling water
- 453.59 g sage sausage
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml light cream or 236.59 ml evaporated milk
- 2.46 ml ground sage
- 14.79-29.58 ml chopped parsley
- 1 red bell pepper
- Simmer the potatoes, onion, salt and water for 20 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are very tender. Do not drain. Mash it all up in the pot.
- In the meantime, cook the sage sausage in a skillet, breaking up large pieces. Drain fat.
- Add the milk, cream, sage and the cooked sausage to the potato mixture. Combine, stirring well to incorporate the additions.
- Heat 5-10 minutes.
- For Christmas soup, very thinly slice red pepper. For Confetti soup, mince various colors of bell peppers.
- Add parsley and bell pepper to soup; cook until peppers are just tender.
Yummy! I used evaporated milk & also added some carrots that I had in the house that day. I am going to try and freeze this for a later date. I really hope it is just as delicious as the first time around.
Very good Soup! We enjoyed this for a light dinner tonight. I did not have any red or green pepper so I omitted. I used evaporated milk not cream. Made for Ausie Swap 35.
This is really nice, honestly it was better than I thought it would be. I used some leftover sausages I had that were a bit spicy, and also added just a little white pepper to kick it up a bit. Also added some fresh sage. I used an entire container of evaporated milk, and just 1/2 cup of regular milk. A nice homey type of soup.