1/2 Photos of Potato Sausage/Christmas/Confetti Soup
My family's Christmas Eve food tradition is potato soup for supper. This is my very favorite. Made "Christmas Soup" by parsley and red pepper; made Confetti Soup by parsley and minced red, orange, yellow and green peppers; I'll try purple too the next time I make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer the potatoes, onion, salt and water for 20 to 30 minutes until the potatoes are very tender. Do not drain. Mash it all up in the pot.
- 2In the meantime, cook the sage sausage in a skillet, breaking up large pieces. Drain fat.
- 3Add the milk, cream, sage and the cooked sausage to the potato mixture. Combine, stirring well to incorporate the additions.
- 4Heat 5-10 minutes.
- 5For Christmas soup, very thinly slice red pepper. For Confetti soup, mince various colors of bell peppers.
- 6Add parsley and bell pepper to soup; cook until peppers are just tender.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Sausage/Christmas/Confetti Soup
Serving Size: 1 (503 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 291.7
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 652.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: