This recipe is from an old cookbook I found. Homemade wine or beer was legal as long as it contained no more than one-half per cent alcohol. From Every Woman's Cook Book by Mrs. Chas. F. Moritz (1926) p. 617. If you can find a bootlegger in your area, I think some rum or whiskey would really perk this up. This recipe makes a LOT! Please keep this in mind when preparing this party punch for your local Speakeasy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve sugar in tea. Juice the lemons and half of the oranges; add to tea.
- 2Pour the whole jar of cherries with the juice into the tea mixture. Cut oranges and pineapple into small pieces, then add with all juice to tea.
- 3Place in refrigerator until serving time, then add chilled ginger ale.
- 4Serve ice cold. Spike if you can obtain the "spike.".
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prohibition Party Punch
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 58.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: