Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe is from an old cookbook I found. Homemade wine or beer was legal as long as it contained no more than one-half per cent alcohol. From Every Woman's Cook Book by Mrs. Chas. F. Moritz (1926) p. 617. If you can find a bootlegger in your area, I think some rum or whiskey would really perk this up. This recipe makes a LOT! Please keep this in mind when preparing this party punch for your local Speakeasy :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sugar
- 1 quart strong black tea (hot)
- 2 dozen lemons, juice of
- 1 dozen orange
- 1⁄2 quart maraschino cherry (with juice)
- 1 lb canned pineapple slice
- 6 quarts ginger ale
- Dissolve sugar in tea. Juice the lemons and half of the oranges; add to tea.
- Pour the whole jar of cherries with the juice into the tea mixture. Cut oranges and pineapple into small pieces, then add with all juice to tea.
- Place in refrigerator until serving time, then add chilled ginger ale.
- Serve ice cold. Spike if you can obtain the "spike.".