This recipe is from an old cookbook I found. Homemade wine or beer was legal as long as it contained no more than one-half per cent alcohol. From Every Woman's Cook Book by Mrs. Chas. F. Moritz (1926) p. 617. If you can find a bootlegger in your area, I think some rum or whiskey would really perk this up. This recipe makes a LOT! Please keep this in mind when preparing this party punch for your local Speakeasy :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve sugar in tea. Juice the lemons and half of the oranges; add to tea.
- 2Pour the whole jar of cherries with the juice into the tea mixture. Cut oranges and pineapple into small pieces, then add with all juice to tea.
- 3Place in refrigerator until serving time, then add chilled ginger ale.
- 4Serve ice cold. Spike if you can obtain the "spike.".
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prohibition Party Punch
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 58.7 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: