Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Butter 9x5x3-inch metal loaf pan.
- Shift first 7 ingredients into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until light.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Beat in pumpkin, lemon peel land vanilla.
- Whisk sour cream and milk in small bowl.
- Beat flour and sour cream mixtures alternately into batter in 2 additions each.
- Fold in nuts.
- Transfer batter to pan and smooth.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake bread until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 50 - 60 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.