This dish takes no more than 5 minutes to throw together and when you taste this rice you will eat the whole dish, it is *that* good! you could throw in 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey for a main meal, my family loves spice so I add in some cayenne pepper --- because of the high sodium content in the dry soup mix do *not* to add in any extra salt to this, you could add in the complete package of dry soup mix but for my family's taste we found it to be a little too salty --- all ingredients may be doubled --- this is *delicious*
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cus milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups uncooked instant Minute Rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained (can use 2 cans)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, finely diced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk together the soups with water, milk and melted butter until well combined.
- Add in all remaining ingredients including 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese, save the remaining cup to sprinkle on the top; mix to combine.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on top and return to oven for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.