1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Succulant Lamb!!! from "Go Ahead, Make My Curry", by Sami Lalji
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 whole fresh leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- black pepper
- diced vegetables (, of your choice)
- 1 cup veal stock
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1Veal stock can be purchased at specialty stores or can be made by boiling 1 pound of veal bones in 16 cups of water in a large stockpot for two hours.
- 2Strain and discard the bones.
- 3Use as needed, the stock can be frozen for later use.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 5Trim fat from lamb leg.
- 6Combine oil and mustard and coat lamb with the mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with 2 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 cup of the mint and salt and pepper.
- 8Place lamb leg on top of diced veggies in a large roasting pan.
- 9Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until slightly pink in the middle.
- 10remove lamb from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- 11Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- 12Deglaze the roasting pan with stock.
- 13Stir in balsamic vinegar, remaining mint, the 1 teaspoon cumin, sugar and red wine.
- 14Simmer for a few minutes.
- 15Carve the lamb thinly and serve on top of roasted veggies with a light ladle of sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Roasted Leg of Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 69.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leg of lamb