Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Succulant Lamb!!! from "Go Ahead, Make My Curry", by Sami Lalji
Make and share this Roasted Leg of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole fresh leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- black pepper
- diced vegetables (, of your choice)
- 1 cup veal stock
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- Veal stock can be purchased at specialty stores or can be made by boiling 1 pound of veal bones in 16 cups of water in a large stockpot for two hours.
- Strain and discard the bones.
- Use as needed, the stock can be frozen for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim fat from lamb leg.
- Combine oil and mustard and coat lamb with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 cup of the mint and salt and pepper.
- Place lamb leg on top of diced veggies in a large roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until slightly pink in the middle.
- remove lamb from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the roasting pan with stock.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, remaining mint, the 1 teaspoon cumin, sugar and red wine.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Carve the lamb thinly and serve on top of roasted veggies with a light ladle of sauce.