Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Succulant Lamb!!! from "Go Ahead, Make My Curry", by Sami Lalji
Make and share this Roasted Leg of Lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole fresh leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped of fresh mint
- black pepper
- diced vegetables (, of your choice)
- 1 cup veal stock
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons white sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- Veal stock can be purchased at specialty stores or can be made by boiling 1 pound of veal bones in 16 cups of water in a large stockpot for two hours.
- Strain and discard the bones.
- Use as needed, the stock can be frozen for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Trim fat from lamb leg.
- Combine oil and mustard and coat lamb with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoon cumin, 1/2 cup of the mint and salt and pepper.
- Place lamb leg on top of diced veggies in a large roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until slightly pink in the middle.
- remove lamb from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving.
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze the roasting pan with stock.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, remaining mint, the 1 teaspoon cumin, sugar and red wine.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Carve the lamb thinly and serve on top of roasted veggies with a light ladle of sauce.