This is my favorite way to eat root vegetables.
Make and share this Roasted Winter Root Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into pieces approx. the same size as the rutabega cubes
- 2 large parsnips, peeled an cut the same size as the carrots
- 7 -8 shallots, peeled
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover a sheet pan with foil.
- Toss the vegetables with the thyme, rosemary, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into the sheet pan, spreading them out so they lay in a single layer.
- Pour the water into the pan, cover with foil, bake for about 30 minutes.
- Take the foil off the pan, and continue to roast, stirring once, until softened and beginning to brown, probably another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm.