3 hrs 15 mins
Found this in response to a recipe request. Cooking time does not reflect time for chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place steak between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4 ince thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2Sprinkle steak evenly with salt, allspice, pepper and onion.
- 3Place pork on narrow end of steak, and roll steak around it.
- 4Secure at 2 inch intervals with heavy string.
- 5Place seam side down, in a large Dutch oven. Add water, broth, and pickling spice; cover and bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours or until tender.
- 6Remove from cooking liquids; let cool, and wrap in heavy duty plastic wrap.
- 7Discard cooking liquid.
- 8Place wrapped meat in an 8 1/2x4 1/2x3 inch loar dish. Place a weight on top of meat (a foil wrapped brick works well).
- 9Chill 8 hours. Remove string; cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 10Arrange on lettuce lined plate, if desired.
Nutritional Facts for Rullepolse
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 71.8 mg
- Sodium 594.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 25.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: