12 hrs 15 mins
From the Jerusalem Post
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large saucepan, beat together eggs, sugar and salt, if used.
- 2Stir in 2 cups milk.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon with a thin film and reaches at least 160¡F.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Stir in remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
- 6Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, several hours or overnight.
- 7Just before serving, pour into bowl or pitcher.
- 8Garnish or add stir-ins, if desired.
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10For faster preparation, heat milk until very warm before stirring milk into eggs and sugar.
- 11MICROWAVE: In 2-liter liquid micro-safe measure or bowl, beat together eggs, sugar and salt, if used, until thoroughly blended.
- 12Set aside.
- 13In l-liter liquid measure or bowl, cook 2 cups milk on full power until bubbles form at edges, about 5-6 minutes.
- 14Stir into egg mixture.
- 15Cook on 50% power until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon with a thin film and reaches at least 160F, about 5-6 minutes.
- 16Stir in remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
- 17Continue as above.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Safe Eggnog
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.0
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 77.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g