1/1 Photo of Sage and Garlic Roast Turkey
5 hrs 15 mins
A great spin on the classic roast turkey! We loved this on thanksgiving 2004!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat the oven to 325F
- 2prepare the turkey by fastening the neck skin to the back of the turkey with pins or a skewer. fold the wings to the turkey so the tips are touching.
- 3mix all ingredients in a bowl except for the water, fresh sage, and apples.
- 4on a rack in the roasting pan, place turkey (breast side up). brush with butter mixture. Insert oven proof meat thermometer so tip is in the thickest part of inside thigh and does not touch the bone. Add water to the pan.
- 5cover turkey loosely with foil or the roaster top. Roast for three hours. Uncover; roast 45 minutes to an hour. Turkey is finished when thermometer in thickest part of the bird reads 180°F.
- 6Let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- 7Garnish with sage and apples.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage and Garlic Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.1
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 230.8 mg
- Sodium 230.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 67.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: