Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I recommend that these savoury treats be served with an assortment of cheeses.
Make and share this Savoury Tomato and Basil Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Place flour and salt in a bowl; rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, and then stir in basil.
- Add tomato purée and milk to the flour and mix to a soft, but not sticky dough.
- Roll out on a floured work surface in to a rectangle about ½ inch thick and cut into fourteen 1½-inch squares.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake at 230°C/ 450°F/ Gas Mark 8 for 10 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Store in a bread bin or airtight container at room temperature.