Not sure what magazine I got this from but the name is self explanatory.Will keep in an airtight container up to 5 days.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 16 fresh parsley leaves, small
- 16 fresh sage leaves, very small
- 16 fresh rosemary sprigs, very small
- 16 fresh thyme sprigs, very small
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, salt and chopped herbs, then add butter and stir with a fork until mixture forms a dough. Divide dough in half and pat each half into a 6 1/2 - 7" round on an ungreased baking sheet. Crimp edges of rounds and cut into 8 wedges with a sharp knife. Lightly brush with egg white and arrange 1 leaf of each herb on each wedge. Brush herbs lightly with egg white and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Prick each wedge once with a fork.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-17 minutes. Recut wedges while hot, then cool completely on sheet on rack.