Sherri at the Beach's Note:
My best friend introduced me to this salad years ago and I've been hooked ever since. I shared it at family functions over the last year and now it is always requested. Sounds complicated but it really isn't. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large clear glass bowl begin layering the salad.
- 2Place the chopped lettuce on the bottom layer.
- 3The water chestnuts can be purchased sliced so drain and place on top of lettuce.
- 4Place the sliced red onion on next.
- 5Break up the still frozen peas and layer on salad.
- 6With a spatula, dabble the mayonnaise over the salad. The peas will get mixed in, but put on enough to create a 'sealing' layer of mayo.
- 7Sprinkle sugar over mayonnaise.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate salad overnight.
- 9I go ahead and cook, drain and chop my bacon. Boil, peel and chop my eggs, and chop my tomatoes.
- 10Place each of these in a little cellophane or plastic bowl(separated) in the fridge overnight.
- 11Just before serving, layer in the bacon, tomatoes, and eggs. Either mix at the table or premix and serve cold.
- 12Even better on the second day.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sharon's 8 Layer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 230
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 544.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: