$200 Winner for the party appetizers category November 2005. From BHG. Time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 tortillas (9 to 10 inches each-red, green, and or plain)
- 3 cups shredded spinach leaves
- 2/3 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 10 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1In a medium bowl mash avocado with a fork. Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- 2Stir in catsup, horseradish, lemon peel, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- 3On one tortilla spread 1/4 cup of the avocado mixture, leaving 1-inch border around the edges. Top with a layer of spinach. Sprinkle with a scant 2 tablespoons almonds and about 1/4 cup shrimp.
- 4Roll up tightly. Secure with a party pick, if necessary, to prevent unrolling.
- 5Repeat with remaining tortillas, avocado mixture, spinach, almonds, and shrimp.
- 6Place rolled tortillas on a tray or platter. Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving.
- 7To serve, cut each rolled tortilla into 1-inch slices, discarding ends. Secure with party picks, if necessary. Arrange slices on a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (1308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 181.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g