Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
$200 Winner for the party appetizers category November 2005. From BHG. Time is an estimate.
Make and share this Shrimp Pinwheels recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 tortillas (9 to 10 inches each-red, green, and or plain)
- 3 cups shredded spinach leaves
- 2⁄3 cup smoked almonds, chopped
- 10 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, chopped
- In a medium bowl mash avocado with a fork. Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- Stir in catsup, horseradish, lemon peel, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- On one tortilla spread 1/4 cup of the avocado mixture, leaving 1-inch border around the edges. Top with a layer of spinach. Sprinkle with a scant 2 tablespoons almonds and about 1/4 cup shrimp.
- Roll up tightly. Secure with a party pick, if necessary, to prevent unrolling.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, avocado mixture, spinach, almonds, and shrimp.
- Place rolled tortillas on a tray or platter. Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, cut each rolled tortilla into 1-inch slices, discarding ends. Secure with party picks, if necessary. Arrange slices on a serving platter.