1/2 Photos of Spicy Ketchup Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
These will be a huge hit at your party! the recipe may be doubled or tripled, you may wrap all the chestnuts hours in advance and refrigerate until ready to bake --- try to purchase the thin sliced bacon for this then slice each strip into three pieces --- I use the Heinz spicy ketchup, if you cannot find the spicy ketchup just add in some cayenne pepper, also try to purchase the thicker long toothpicks :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a small saucepan over low heat; cook the spicy ketchup with the brown sugar, stirring until no sugar granules remain; set aside (this can be done up to a day in advance).
- 4Dry each water chestnut using a paper towel.
- 5Wrap one small slice of bacon tightly around each water chestnut, then secure with a toothpick.
- 6Place into baking dish.
- 7Lightly cover the dish with foil.
- 8Bake for about 35-40 minutes or just until the bacon is crispy.
- 9If desired you may bake uncovered for a couple of minutes just to crisp up the bacon more.
- 10Remove from oven and drain the fat/grease.
- 11Drizzle the prepared sauce mixture over each chestnut, return to oven and bake uncovered for about 8-10 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Ketchup Glazed Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.8
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 989.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 39.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g