Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great mix for parties and gifts, or just to have around for snacks. Let your kids make this for Santa on Christmas eve.
- 2 1⁄2 cups pretzel sticks, broken into small pieces
- 5 cups Crispix cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 lb white chocolate
- 1 (14 -21 ounce) bagof holiday M&M's plain chocolate candy
- Melt margarine; add salt, garlic salt, and Worcestershire sauce, mix well.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large roaster or cookie sheet.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry slowly to coat each piece.
- Bake at 250°F for 2 hours, stirring every few minutes.
- This keeps well in airtight container.
- To give as gifts give in tins, jars, or coffee cans covered in gift wrap.
I make this all the time for a snack mix after parties. I left out the margarine, salt, garlic salt,and the Worcestershire sauce that is listed in the steps since I didnt think they would go very well with a sweet snack mix and the amounts werent listed as well in the recipe. This is a great way to use up those left over holiday party snacks and turn them into a sweet treat!
This is such a great snack mix. Although the directions must go to another recipe, it was easy to figure out. I loved the salty sweet combo this made. I made this to go on our vacation with us. It was a big hit with us, I'm adding this to my Christmas tray recipes. thank you for sharing with us.
This is very similar to a recipe we call White Trash. Not only is it good for Chirstmas but the men folk love it at Super Bowl parties!!