Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is for people that you really , really love and/or that you want to really, really love you!!! It is excellent. I have on occasion added about 1/2 cup blue cheese to the stuffing, or used my shrimp and crab stuffing in place of this recipe. Whatever you put into it, it is totally wonderful.
- 1360.77 g beef tenderloin
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 118.29 ml celery, finely chopped
- 113.39 g can mushrooms, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 473.18 ml soft breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml dried parsley flakes
- 29.58 ml kikkoman teriyaki sauce
- 4 slice thick sliced bacon
- Take the beef tenderloin out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Saute the onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic in the butter on low heat until onions and celery are clear and soft.
- Place the bread crumbs in a bowl and add the salt, pepper, basil,parsley flakes and teriyaki sauce.
- Add the onion-celery mixture to the bread crumbs, and lightly toss until well blended.
- Make a lengthwise cut all the way down the tenderloin that goes 3/4 way through the tenderloin to make a pocket for the stuffing.
- Lightly place the stuffing into the pocket and close the pocket securely with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon slices on top of the tenderloin.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour for a medium-rare tenderloin.
Very nice. This was my first attempt at a beef tenderloin. Turned out excellent. I followed recipe exactly as posted. Thank you so much.