1 hr 5 mins
Zucchini halves filled with bread crumbs onion garlic and delish cheeses. Great holiday side dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1wash and clean zucchini
- 2place in pot of boiling water(enough to cover).
- 3boil 5-10 mins till tender.
- 4drain and cool slightly to handle.
- 5slice in half lengthwise and using teaspoon scoop out pulp and place in large bowl.
- 6place zucchini halves in lightly oiled baking pan or dish.
- 7In frying pan saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbs. olive oil till clear and softened.
- 8Add breadcrumbs, onions and garlic, 1/2 package mozzarella cheese, parmesan, egg and salt and pepper.
- 9Toss and blend lightly till mixed.
- 10Stuff zucchini halves dividing mixture evenly among all. dot with butter and drizzle with olive oil.
- 11Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes Sprinkle with other half of cheeses and bake 5-10 mins longer till melted and a bubbly.
- 12May make ahead and bake and add cheeses as instructed.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Zucchini..mmmmm!
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 511.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g