Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Zucchini halves filled with bread crumbs onion garlic and delish cheeses. Great holiday side dish!
Make and share this Stuffed Zucchini..mmmmm! recipe from Food.com.
- wash and clean zucchini
- place in pot of boiling water(enough to cover).
- boil 5-10 mins till tender.
- drain and cool slightly to handle.
- slice in half lengthwise and using teaspoon scoop out pulp and place in large bowl.
- place zucchini halves in lightly oiled baking pan or dish.
- In frying pan saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbs. olive oil till clear and softened.
- Add breadcrumbs, onions and garlic, 1/2 package mozzarella cheese, parmesan, egg and salt and pepper.
- Toss and blend lightly till mixed.
- Stuff zucchini halves dividing mixture evenly among all. dot with butter and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes Sprinkle with other half of cheeses and bake 5-10 mins longer till melted and a bubbly.
- May make ahead and bake and add cheeses as instructed.
This was very good! Great ingredients. I did add the zucchini pulp to the stuffing mixture. I will make this again since it was a big hit with my family. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.