Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Zucchini halves filled with bread crumbs onion garlic and delish cheeses. Great holiday side dish!
Make and share this Stuffed Zucchini..mmmmm! recipe from Food.com.
- wash and clean zucchini
- place in pot of boiling water(enough to cover).
- boil 5-10 mins till tender.
- drain and cool slightly to handle.
- slice in half lengthwise and using teaspoon scoop out pulp and place in large bowl.
- place zucchini halves in lightly oiled baking pan or dish.
- In frying pan saute onion and garlic in 2 Tbs. olive oil till clear and softened.
- Add breadcrumbs, onions and garlic, 1/2 package mozzarella cheese, parmesan, egg and salt and pepper.
- Toss and blend lightly till mixed.
- Stuff zucchini halves dividing mixture evenly among all. dot with butter and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes Sprinkle with other half of cheeses and bake 5-10 mins longer till melted and a bubbly.
- May make ahead and bake and add cheeses as instructed.
This was very good! Great ingredients. I did add the zucchini pulp to the stuffing mixture. I will make this again since it was a big hit with my family. Made for the Bargain Basement tag game.