1/2 Photos of Succulent Garlic Shrimp
This is a favourite with friends and family and I usually have to make much more than a single recipe calls for. Wonderful for that 'something special' needed for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined or 2 lbs frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (or similar)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and mayonnaise; stir until well blended; place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over shrimp and close bag; marinate in the refrigerate several hours or overnight; remove from refrigerator; drain, reserving marinade in a bowl.
- 2Preheat oven to 400F; in a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, basil, and dill; coat each shrimp with crumbs and place in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish.
- 3To remaining marinade, add butter and olive oil; pour over shrimp.
- 4Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until opaque in center (cut to test); remove from oven; serve with plenty of crusty bread for the sauce.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Succulent Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.0
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 273.2 mg
- Sodium 790.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 31.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ritz cracker crumbs