This is a favourite with friends and family and I usually have to make much more than a single recipe calls for. Wonderful for that 'something special' needed for the holidays.
- 2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined or 2 lbs frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz cracker crumbs (or similar)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and mayonnaise; stir until well blended; place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over shrimp and close bag; marinate in the refrigerate several hours or overnight; remove from refrigerator; drain, reserving marinade in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400F; in a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, basil, and dill; coat each shrimp with crumbs and place in a single layer in a large shallow baking dish.
- To remaining marinade, add butter and olive oil; pour over shrimp.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until opaque in center (cut to test); remove from oven; serve with plenty of crusty bread for the sauce.