Growing up in Minnesota, this recipe has been a staple at our Thanksgiving and Christmas Table for as long as I can remember. I have been living in Southern Missouri for the past 5 years and am amazed that people here have not ever tasted, let alone heard of wild rice, and you can't get it here at the local stores. I have my MN. people mail it to me. I could live on it!!!In our family, we call it "Mom's Wild Rice" I don't know where the recipe originally came from, but every person that I know that has tried it, makes it a part of their Holiday meals!!!Get the real "natural" wild rice. It is rather expensive, but goes such a long way!!!DEFINATELY COMFORT FOOD!!!!Tell me what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook & crumble bacon, set aside.
- 2Saute onion & celery and mushrooms in bacon fat until tender.
- 3Mix all ingredients together, including water chestnuts.
- 4Cover & bake at 350 for 1/2 hour until heated through.
- 5Keep chicken broth on hand to moisten, in case of drying while baking.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Supreme Wild Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (370 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.9
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1461.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 23.5 g