Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Growing up in Minnesota, this recipe has been a staple at our Thanksgiving and Christmas Table for as long as I can remember. I have been living in Southern Missouri for the past 5 years and am amazed that people here have not ever tasted, let alone heard of wild rice, and you can't get it here at the local stores. I have my MN. people mail it to me. I could live on it!!!In our family, we call it "Mom's Wild Rice" I don't know where the recipe originally came from, but every person that I know that has tried it, makes it a part of their Holiday meals!!!Get the real "natural" wild rice. It is rather expensive, but goes such a long way!!!DEFINATELY COMFORT FOOD!!!!Tell me what you think!
- Cook & crumble bacon, set aside.
- Saute onion & celery and mushrooms in bacon fat until tender.
- Mix all ingredients together, including water chestnuts.
- Cover & bake at 350 for 1/2 hour until heated through.
- Keep chicken broth on hand to moisten, in case of drying while baking.