1 hr 5 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
Perfect for the holidays! I haven't tried this, but I plan to this year. It looks really good! From the Cold Weather Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup golden raisin
- 1/2 cup pitted whole prune, snipped in half
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks, broken in half
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 4 whole cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 (750 ml) bottle ruby port
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 3/4 cup vodka or 3/4 cup aquavit
- 1Place orange juice, almonds, raisins, and prunes into a large pan.
- 2Tie cloves, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom in cheesecloth and add to the pan.
- 3Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- 4Discard spice bag and add the port to the pan.
- 5Heat until just beginning to simmer, but do not boil.
- 6Add the brandy and vodka and heat through.
- 7Carefully ignite mixture with a match (throw the lit match into the brew, quickly step back several feet and wait for flames to subside) (make sure nothing nearby will be ignited from the flame), then cover the pan with a lid to extinguish.
- 8Remove match from brew.
- 9Serve warm.
Nutritional Facts for Swedish Glogg
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 801.2
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 25.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 52.1 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: