1/2 Photos of Swiss Chard With Currants and Feta
Ames Shaps's Note:
I thought after using this site for a while that I'd post one of my favorite recipes. It's adapted from Gourmet Magazine, and it's perfect for winter holidays (great colors!) I say it serves 2-4, but I often eat it all by myself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse chard well several times. Cut ribs and stems from leaves, then chop ribs and stems to 1/2 inch pieces. Chop leaves to 1-inch strips.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes till lightly golden.
- 3Add ribs and stems of chard, along with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add currants and cook for 1 minute, until plump.
- 5Add chard leaves and water, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook covered 5 minutes, or until leaves and stems are soft.
- 6Crumble feta over chard and mix inches Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard With Currants and Feta
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 20.0 mg
- Sodium 815.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g