I thought after using this site for a while that I'd post one of my favorite recipes. It's adapted from Gourmet Magazine, and it's perfect for winter holidays (great colors!) I say it serves 2-4, but I often eat it all by myself!
- Rinse chard well several times. Cut ribs and stems from leaves, then chop ribs and stems to 1/2 inch pieces. Chop leaves to 1-inch strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes till lightly golden.
- Add ribs and stems of chard, along with salt and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add currants and cook for 1 minute, until plump.
- Add chard leaves and water, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook covered 5 minutes, or until leaves and stems are soft.
- Crumble feta over chard and mix inches Serve warm.
I'm afraid the combination of tastes didn't appeal to me. But it's very pretty. :-)
Absolutely wonderful!!!! This is a very well-balanced dish!! I love the slight sweetness of the currants with the distinctive flavor of chard and the tangy flavor of the feta cheese!! This dish is beautiful too, especially if you use rainbow chard. I will definitely make this again and again and it is perfect to serve guests!! Thanks so much for this great recipe!