Mommy Diva's Note:
Another family fav using holiday leftovers. There are variations depending on preferences(for instance DH won't eat mustard or mayo - I know weird, huh?) but I am posting the full nine yards and the way I like it. Adjust according to your tastes, but try it this way if you can, it is DA BOMB! ** I have used mashed potatoes in place of the stuffing when we ran out of stuffing....still good. ***NOTE- I use my Drunken Apples - Like Famous Dave's not pie filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 slices honey-baked ham, as much as desired
- 2 slices bread (I prefer a wheat and grain like Poulsbo for this)
- mayonnaise, to taste (optional)
- mustard, to taste
- cream cheese, to taste
- 2 -3 ounces apple pie filling, to taste (Drunken Apples - Like Famous Dave's is my preference or applesauce could be subbed if you have no sliced baked apples)
- 2 -3 ounces baked beans, to taste (lightly smashed so they stay on if desired, Dad's recipe preferred)
- 1 -2 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 slices tomatoes
- 2 leaves romaine lettuce (or preferred lettuce as desired) (optional)
- 2 -3 ounces mashed potatoes, to taste
- 2 -3 tablespoons ham gravy, to moisten potatoes if desired (optional)
- 1On one slice of bread mix a bit of mayo (if used) and mustard to lightly cover bread.
- 2Layer ham, baked beans, cheddar, mashed potatoes and spoon desired amount of gravy (if desired to moisten) then spoon a small amount of cinnamon apples on top (although order isn't terribly important).
- 3Top with tomato and lettuce.
- 4Spread cream cheese on final piece of bread.
- 5Enjoy (grab a napkin and maybe a fork in case it gets messy!) ;).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Leftover Ham Sandwich * Christmas/Easter *
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 905.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 14.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: