I have been making this for Christmas dinner for 20 years. Great with roast beef or ham. I substitute half and half for the cream and use regular black pepper, because it's what I have on hand.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 5 Tbsps butter.
- Add flour and cook over low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in cream and broth.
- Cook, stirring until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Fold in potatoes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in buttered casserole.
- Mix Roquefort with melted butter and paprika.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake until cheese melts, 12-14 minutes.