I have been making this for Christmas dinner for 20 years. Great with roast beef or ham. I substitute half and half for the cream and use regular black pepper, because it's what I have on hand.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 5 Tbsps butter.
- Add flour and cook over low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in cream and broth.
- Cook, stirring until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Fold in potatoes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in buttered casserole.
- Mix Roquefort with melted butter and paprika.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake until cheese melts, 12-14 minutes.
Boy-o-boy-o-boy these are good. I used unsalted butter and garlic powder instead of salt. The combination of Roquefort and Parmesan flavours is just delightful.
These were very good. Comfort food. Just I found the sauce a bit to thick so I suggest cutting back on the flour 3 tablespoons should be plenty. Thanks
Great Recipe! I made this as one part of a dinner that we do for 25 in December. Everyone LOVED it! Had to tell a number of them where to get the recipe. I used the 1/2 & 1/2 instead of the cream and it was plenty rich! All your directions were spot on. Thanks for making me look great!! October 2006 Made this again for our "Family Dinner". Substituted a Double Glouster for the Roquefort. My Guests liked it even better than before. I'll ALWAYS keep this one for special occasions!