1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #208121's Note:
A bean, corn and squash casserole designed to be served as a Vegan main course. Vegetarian Times holiday 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell peppers or 1 large yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb kabocha squash, peeled and cubed
- 15 ounces tomatoes, diced with chiles
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2Whisk cornmeal, salt and chili powder with 4 1/2 cups water in double boiler. Cook 40 minutes or until thick and stiff stirring 3 to 4 times. Remove from heat.
- 4Preheat to 375°F Heat 2 tbsp oil in saucepan over med. heat. Add onion and cook about 7 minutes or until softened. Stir often. Add the pepper and cook 5 minutes more.
- 5Stir in squash, tomatoes, garlic, coriander, and cumin. Cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup water and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, partially covered for 10 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Stir in beans and corn and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stir occasionally.
- 6Coat a baking dish with spray. Spread 2 cups polenta over bottom of dish. Spoon mix inches Smooth remaining polenta over the top.
- 7Score casserole into 6 squares with knife. Brush top with remaining oil. Bake 30 minutes or until headed through and top is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Sisters Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (351 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.9
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 517.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 11.5 g