2 hrs 30 mins
Make sure to purchase a fresh turkey breast for this, the stuffing may be prepared hours or even a day in advance and any remaining stuffing can be baked separately in a dish (see directions).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large turkey breast (preferably bone-in about 6-7 pounds)
- 14 -15 ounces pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups coarse dry breadcrumbs (do not use fine bread crumbs)
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4-1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage (crush between fingers, can use more to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Prepare and butter a casserole dish just large enough to hold the breast.
- 3Crumble the sausage slightly,and brown in a skillet over medium heat with onion; drain any fat then place in a bowl.
- 4Combine the pork sausage with next 8 ingredients, then season with salt and pepper to taste; mix well to combine.
- 5Gently loosen the skin from turkey in the neck area to make a large "pocket" to stuff.
- 6Stuff in as much stuffing as you can with sausage mixture thensecure with toothpicks.
- 7Place the remaining sausage (if any) into a small baking dish, and during the last 30 minutes of the turkey breast baking time, bake the remaining stuffing for about 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.
- 8To cook the turkey breast: place the breast skin-side up on a rack in roasting pan.
- 9Brush with melted butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- 10Bake for about 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reaches 170 degrees F (I like to remove a little sooner as the temperature will rise after removing from the oven).
- 11Let stand for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Breast With Apricot Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1301.1
- Calories from Fat 683
- Total Fat 75.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 285.9 mg
- Sodium 1407.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 88.5 g