1/4 Photos of Vegan Tourtiere
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I made this delicious pie today. It is so tasty with some vegan gravy on top. I did change some of the ingredients to suit my tastes. I made my Easy Spelt Pie Crust for this and the two complimented each other perfectly. I got the recipe from this site: http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/vegan/vegantourtiere.htm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup of uncooked millet, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (whole or ground)
- 1/2 cup oats (flaked)
- 4 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves or 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1Combine rinsed millet with 1 cup of water in a medium sized saucepan and heat to boiling.
- 2Reduce heat to minimum, and cook until millet has absorbed all the water, about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and let millet stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- 4In large frying pan, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until onion is translucent.
- 5Add mushrooms, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- 6Add oat flakes, cooked millet, sunflower seeds, spices, tamari, nutritional yeast and vegetable broth, combine well.
- 7Pour the mixture into a pie shell and cover with second layer of pastry. Bake at 350F for approximately 25 minutes, or until the crust is nicely browned.
- 8Serves 8.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Tourtiere
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.8
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 750.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: