Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy way to eat veggies. it's a super side dish for any main meal, and the horseradish gives it a nice kick, I have always prepared this dish with fresh veggies, but you could certainly make it with frozen veggies, just be sure to cook them for a less time.......delicious!
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 3 cups fresh carrots, sliced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Set oven to 350 degrees Grease a 2-qt baking dish Place cauliflowerets and carrots in a large saucepan; add a small amount of water Cover and cook for 3 mins Add broccoli, cook for 4-6 mins longer, or until all veggies are crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine mayo, onion, horseradish, salt and pepper; add veggies, and mix well Pour into a greased baking dish Combine bread crumbs, butter and paprika; sprinkle over veggies Bake, uncovered for 25-30 mins, or until veggies are heated through note: If using frozen veggies, cook for less time.
It really is a yummy way to eat veggies! I loved the addition of the horseradish. The "sauce" is moist and thick; not to moist, but certainly not dry. I did throw a small handful of cheese in there, but otherwise stuck to the recipe. This is a keeper. Thanx!
This is a great recipe and my husband loved it! I made it VEGAN, by using Joy mayonnaise, which is awesome, and skipping the butter! Turned out great! Next time I will add some crushed garlic! Yum! Thanks for sharing!!
This was very tasty and would be the perfect side dish for your holiday meal. The horseradish really makes it quite different and went really well with the rib roast on our plates. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for posting this unique way to serve vegetables! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game.