Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from More Make A Mix Cookery and uses Whole-Wheat Hot Roll Mix.
Make and share this Whole-Wheat Parker House Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast into the lukewarm water and allow to stand 5 minutes or until frothy.
- Add in the eggs and 1/4 cup of melted butter or oil; beat in 2 cups of the roll mix; let rest 2 minutes.
- Stir in enough of the remaining mix to make a soft dough; turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Clean and lightly grease the bowl, place dough in bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- Cover dough with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk.
- Grease a large baking sheet; set aside.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick, cut with a floured, round biscuit cuter.
- Dip both sides of dough into the melted 2 tablespoons butter; fold in half, stretching slightly.
- Arrange on prepared baking sheet, not touching and let rise until double, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Variation for Pan Rolls: Grease a 9-in round cake pan, punch down dough. Divide into 12 equal portions.
- Shape each into a smooth ball. dip tops of each into the remaining melted butter.
- Arrange in prepared pan, dipped side up, not touching.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bake as directed above.