1/2 Photos of Whole-Wheat Parker House Rolls
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix the yeast into the lukewarm water and allow to stand 5 minutes or until frothy.
- 2Add in the eggs and 1/4 cup of melted butter or oil; beat in 2 cups of the roll mix; let rest 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in enough of the remaining mix to make a soft dough; turn out on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 4Clean and lightly grease the bowl, place dough in bowl, turning to grease all sides.
- 5Cover dough with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until doubled in bulk.
- 6Grease a large baking sheet; set aside.
- 7Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick, cut with a floured, round biscuit cuter.
- 8Dip both sides of dough into the melted 2 tablespoons butter; fold in half, stretching slightly.
- 9Arrange on prepared baking sheet, not touching and let rise until double, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 10Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Variation for Pan Rolls: Grease a 9-in round cake pan, punch down dough. Divide into 12 equal portions.
- 12Shape each into a smooth ball. dip tops of each into the remaining melted butter.
- 13Arrange in prepared pan, dipped side up, not touching.
- 14Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 15Bake as directed above.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole-Wheat Parker House Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 32.8 mg
- Sodium 47.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat hot roll mix