This is similar to another Zaar salad, but really quick, easy, and tasty !! I made this often for Pitch In Parties years ago, but lost the recipe and was so happy to find it again in "Mother's Recipes" by Jones and Jones. Flavors improve overnight.
- 1 (16 ounce) can french-style green beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can ranch style black-eyed peas with jalapenos, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can English peas, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- In a 3 quart container with tight lid, combine dressing ingredients, mix.
- Add all drained vegetables to container and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate.
We really enjoyed this as a change from our usual 3 bean salad (this does use the same dressing). My sister-in-law liked it so much she asked for the recipe so she can make and take it to an event this week! Looking forward to using it often during the summer---love recipes that need no cooking!
I made this dish for my dh. He loved it and ate almost the whole dish himself over two days. What a great way to get your veggies. It was quick and easy to make, I used the corn and peas that I had in the cupboard, they worked well in this dish. Used yellow bell pepper and sweet red onions. Thanks so much for sharing this tasty salad NurseJaney. We will be enjoying this again soon. :)
Attractive and delicious. Greatly enjoyed by DH. I substituted wax beans for canned peas by personal preference. Made for AZ recipe swap.