1/2 Photos of Wonderful Smokey Oven-Barbecued Brisket
Make this brisket on a day when you have a bit of time, slow cooking at a low oven temperature for 6 hours is the only way to go for this recipe. Plan ahead the meat must be refrigerated for 8 hours before cooking. Kittencal's Crispy Potato and Green Onion Pancakes (Latkes) and Kittencal's Potato Kugel both go wonderful with this brisket...this is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (5 -6 lb) beef brisket
- 1 (5 ounce) bottle liquid smoke
- 2 medium onions (chopped or sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons white salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (can use a 12-ounce bottle)
- 1Place the brisket in a glass shallow dish; pour the liquid smoke over the brisket then rub all over with fresh garlic.
- 2Place the onions on and around the brisket.
- 3In a small bowl mix together the garlic salt, white salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper, then sprinkle the meat all over with the spice mixture.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- 5Remove the brisket and place on a large piece of heavy-duty foil, then discard the liquid smoke mixture.
- 6Place the foil with the brisket on it in a large roasting pan, then pour the Worcestershire sauce evenly over the brisket.
- 7Fold the foil up to seal tightly (prick a few small holes with a fork in the foil to allow the steam to escape).
- 8Set oven to 275 degrees.
- 9Bake for 5 hours.
- 10Remove from oven and unfold the foil; pour the barbecue sauce evenly over the roast, return to oven UNCOVERED and cook for another hour at 275 degrees.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Smokey Oven-Barbecued Brisket
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.4
- Calories from Fat 689
- Total Fat 76.5 g
- Saturated Fat 30.5 g
- Cholesterol 206.9 mg
- Sodium 1449.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 49.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: