Hate the mess of making Yorkshire Puddings with hot beef fat in the muffin cups? Here's the trick to solve your troubles! Cooking Spray! These Yorkshire puddings bake up wonderfully, with no chance of an oil spill-over in the oven. I credit my mom with trying this trick and discovering how wonderfully it works!
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Heat a clean, ungreased, empty muffin-pan in the oven while you mix together the milk, melted butter, eggs, flour, and salt.
- This dough should be thin/runny.
- When ingredients are mixed together, remove your muffin-pan from the oven, and spray each cup with Pam cooking spray (This step removes the messy'beef-fat method' used in traditional Yorkshire Puddings, and your Yorkshire Puddings will not spill the beef fat over into your oven as they puff up).
- Once the pan is sprayed, fill each muffin-cup only 2/3 full of the Yorkshire pudding mixture, (they REALLY puff up).
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 40 minutes or until golden in colour and puffed up. (avoid peeking before the time is up).
- Serve while still warm, best served with beef gravy.
- These form a hollow centre as they bake.
- These shrink as they cool, so enjoy them while still warm.